Category

Community

Planned Parenthood: Protect New Yorkers Freedom to F*ck

By | Community | No Comments

In the summer of 2018 Planned Parenthood asked me to photograph their new fundraising campaign ‘Protect New Yorkers Freedom to F*ck’.

In light of Donald Trump cutting the organisations funding in 2018, Planned Parenthood turned to award winning advertising agency Bartle Bogle Hegarty to create a provocative fundraising campaign. The result was a bold, multimedia campaign.

I was asked to photograph New Yorkers on the streets of the five boroughs, to capture the liberal spirit of the city.

Fact/tenantspin

FACT (Foundation for Art and Creative Technology) is one of the UK’s leading art and media organisations, whilst tenantspin was a pioneering community programme that operated within it.

Over six years- in a freelance capacity- my role was to curate, manage and facilitate digital learning projects. Jobs involved assisting live webcasts, delivering workshops, producing print media, audio and video. Much of the work was displayed as part of FACT exhibitions.

Dry/Clean Initiative

By | Community, Film, Photography, Writing | No Comments

In the spring of 2016 I assisted the production of a video promoting The Dry/Clean Initiative.

A partnership between advertising agency Leo Burnett and charity Action Addiciton, The Dry/Clean initiative aims to take unclaimed clothes left in dry cleaners and distribute them to recovering addicts around the UK; the goal to improve employment prospects, making the recovering addicts more presentable in job interviews.

My role on this production was to create a shot list, assist camera, scout locations, direct casting and edit the footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmEW2yiaziU

The Halsey Studio: NYC Photography Studio

The Halsey Studio is a Brooklyn-based photography studio founded by Jonathan Turton in 2018. A photographer at Vice Magazine, Dazed and Adidas (amongst others): the studio space is available for hire, and comes with lighting and equipment.

Additionally, Jonathan Turton personally provides assistance to renters of the space, making recommendations to best maximise your time. The Halsey Studio also provides behind-the-scenes photographs of your shoot as part of the service.